Friday, March 6, 2009

Preparing for Week 2 grocery shopping

I'm not exactly sure why it's so difficult for me to figure out meal plans. Okay... that's not exactly true. I have my suspicions as to why. I think I tend to plan too many meals. The idea that each night should have a different dish is what so many people seem to do. Some plan the cook once, eat twice method, where they cook an item and then cleverly make it into a seemingly unrelated dish later that week. Maybe I'll do that one day, but it's not necessary right now. We likes our leftovers. :-)

I know corned beef is definitely on our list. Some time, we might brine our own beef to make into corned beef, but not likely this week. Not with the pre-brined corned beef is going on sale in preparation for Saint Patrick's Day.

We have a lot of other financial concerns on our minds... mainly having to do with my car. Not fun stuff. I think once I settle the baby to sleep, I'm going to bury my nose into Simple and Delicious magazine for more recipes and idea. Oh, sweet therapy...

No comments:

Post a Comment